A vacation to the United States would not be complete without tasting the varieties of apples that the country is known for. One freezing morning, my sister invited me to buy fresh fruits and muffins in Sprouts Farmers Market. Every time we will go for a stroll or grocery shopping, I’m so elated to get out of the house to savor the winter breeze and to see every corner of America! And I was glad Gie did not forget about my mounting desire to eat apples in green, red, and yellow.
Sprouts Fresh Market is a supermarket chain that offers a wide selection of natural, fresh, and organic choices. Here you can find fresh produce, bulk foods, baked goods, meat and seafood, vitamins and supplements, packaged groceries, frozen foods, natural body care, and household items.
They are famous for high-quality beef and always offer fresh seafood, never frozen chicken or pork.
Their passion is to focus on providing clean, healthy, and affordable items for they believe you did not have to be wealthy to eat healthy! Their deep commitment is to promote and inspire the wellness and health of its consumers.
When we got inside the supermarket, I strolled around to see their wide array of different items from frozen food, meat, seafood, vegetables, bread, vitamins, muffins, and fruits.
I was overwhelmed to see different types of apples. There are at least 2,500 types of apples grown in the United States. Here in Sprouts, I saw ten. They are sold per pound (lb).
Take a look at these apples.
I did not buy Fuji as this abound in the Philippines. Granny Smith is also for sale in my country but since this is our favorite, I bought four pieces together with the other apples. I can’t wait to go home and munch each type envisioning every slice to be dipped into Hershey’s syrup! Yum! Yum! We also bought fresh-baked muffins, Blueberry and Pistachio for our snacks in the afternoon.
Getting around in Sprouts Farmers Market will help you to be cautious of what to eat. Nowadays, it is hard to avoid eating top-selling snacks like pizza, hamburgers, fries, and pasta for they are foods that beckon. If we cannot resist our indulgence for these foods, we have at least reduce and think of eating healthy.
Before I end this post, let me share with you some important facts about apple (from the University of Illinois Extension).
- 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
- Apples are fat, sodium, and cholesterol-free.
- The science of apple growing is called Pomology.
- Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.
- Apples were the favorite fruit of ancient Greeks and Romans.
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- Apples are the second most valuable fruit grown in the United States. Oranges are first.
- The world’s top apple producers are China, United States, Turkey, Poland, and Italy.
- Don’t peel your apple. Two-thirds of the fiber and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Antioxidants help to reduce damage to cells, which can trigger some diseases.
- The top apple producing states are Washington, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, California, and Virginia.
- The crabapple is the only apple native to North America.
- Apples are grown in all 50 states.
Sprouts Farmers Market is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. They started in 2002 making natural foods accessible to everyone. They have 340 branches with over 30,000 team members.
|Our first unforgettable visit in San Francisco, California (with tips and travel guide)||Golden Gate Bridge, California: From Pipe Dream into a Reality||Visiting Las Vegas for the first time||Our Exciting Travel Moments In Las Vegas (Day 2)|
You may also like: